Rules and Policies
All guidelines and forms herein are necessary to attend Florida State DanceSport Championship.
Please see Registration and Download…Section to download complete copy of this document.
Triple Crown Challenge Guidelines
Triple Crown Dance Events
1. Participants are provided the opportunity to satisfy their avenue of dancing,
whether it be the quality and/or quantity of dances. Quality is satisfied by
entering events such as the Triple Crown Scholarship Challenges and
quantity is satisfied by an automatic participation in an accumulated point
2. Participants automatically accumulate points when they attend a Triple
Crown DanceSport Event™ on a minimum ‘B’ package and purchase ten
dance entries in the style in which they wish to compete (American or
International). The Florida State DanceSport Championships, participants who earn the most points per advertised categories are honored as Triple Crown Champions!
3. Participants, are required to dance in the
same ages & levels.
The Open Triple Crown Challenges are reserved
for those students who have achieved Gold level and greater.
6. Participants may enter the Open Triple Crown
Challenges per Rhythm, Smooth, Ballroom and Latin if dancing in multiple levels.
7. Participants may use multi-dance events to satisfy the ten dance scholarship
requirement per style at each Triple Crown DanceSport Events™
8. Participants shall be awarded one point per Challenge entered. Except in
the Triple Crown Multi-Dance Scholarship Challenges where one point
per dance will be awarded. Upon placing: three points for first, two points
for second, and one point for third will be added.
9. Participants shall receive one half of the advertised scholarship amount in
any Triple Crown Challenge which contains two or less competing couples
by the advertised deadline.